Lifestyle Membership, an alternative membership option that has been created for golfers wanting a second course membership, the occasional golfer or fair weather golfer. This option provides many of the benefits of the traditional golf club membership at a justifiable cost.
Member numbers have decreased drastically over the last few years with the vast majority of those giving up their traditional golf club membership saying that they simply don’t play often enough to justify the cost of membership. It is no longer value for money. This applies in particular to the 25 to 40 age group.
The number of golf club members in Scotland has reduced by more than 50,000 over the last 10 years but the vast majority of those who have given up club membership still play regularly and we must look to provide these players with some sort of attachment to a golf club.
Subscription Rates 2023
Lifestyle Member for Gents and Ladies – Annual cost of £614 per year
In addition, the Scottish Golf Levy is £14.50, North District Levy is £3.20, Personal Liability Insurance is £3.30 in total for Gents and Ladies is £21.00.
Plus Bar and Catering Credit of £35.00
Grand Total £670
Lifestyle Membership Benefits
|Type||Playing Rights||Use Clubhouse||Voting Rights||Reciprocals||Weekend Comps||Open Tournament Reduced Entry Fee||Mid-Week Medals||Knock-Out Comps||Club Champs||Team Selection||Lockers||Introduce Playing Guests||Discount Bar Prices||Direct Debit Option||Grand Draw Participation|
|Country (4)||FULL||YES||NO||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||NO||YES||YES (2)||YES||YES||YES|
|Lifestyle||PART (5)||YES||NO||NO||YES||NO||YES||NO||NO||NO||YES||YES (3)||YES||NO||YES|
(1) Junior have their own competitions and team
(2) 6 Guests per annum can be introduced at the applicable members’ guest rate
(3) 12 Guests per annum can be introduced at a rate of £25 per round
(4) Country membership only available to those residing out-with a radius of 50 miles from Nairn
(5) Lifestyle members can play at any time from 10.00am weekdays and from 2.00pm at weekends during the Summer months and from 11am weekdays and weekends during Winter months 1st Nov to 31st March
Lifestyle Membership Rules
1. Lifestyle Membership is an alternative membership option that has been created for golfers wanting a second course membership, the occasional golfer or fair weather golfer. This option provides many of the benefits of the traditional golf club membership at a justifiable cost.
2. Lifestyle Membership duration is for a period of 12 months from date of joining/renewing.
3. Lifestyle Members shall automatically become non-voting members of Nairn Dunbar Golf Club.
4. Lifestyle Membership subscriptions must be paid in full and are non-refundable.
5. Before playing the Lifestyle Member must register in the professional shop. Lifestyle members can play at any time from 10.00am on weekdays and from 2.00pm at weekends during the Summer time months and from 11.00am on weekdays and weekends during the Winter months (1st November – 31st March).
6. Lifestyle Members are entitled to introduce twelve guests per annum at a rate of £25 per round and can sign in and play with up to three guests at any one time.
7. Lifestyle Members shall be issued with a membership card entitling them to the prevailing members’ bar and catering discount currently 10% and be permitted to participate in the Club’s Grand Draw
8. Lifestyle Members will be provided with a handicap in accordance with CONGU rules.
9. Lifestyle Members may play in club competitions but may not enter the club championship, knockout competitions nor represent their club in inter-club matches e.g. Ontario Shield, Moray and Nairn leagues and 55+ group matches
10. Lifestyle members do not qualify for member discount on entering Nairn Dunbar Open competitions.
11.Lifestyle Members must comply with club rules and observe golf etiquette. Lifestyle Members will be subject to the same club disciplinary procedures as Ordinary members.
12. Nairn Dunbar Golf Club may terminate this category of membership at any time. In this event Lifestyle Members will continue until the end of their membership year after which they can consider joining another membership category.
Why not pay a visit to our online pro shop?